Hey guys, it looks like I am getting the same questions asked over and over again.
So I thought it would be a good time to set everything in order.
I'm going to answer them all here! :D
Ok so lets get into it.
1. What is this website and where are the products/services?
- So many people haven't yet noticed this, but this is my blog.
simple as that, I started writing tutorials for fun and to market myself, then my site started appearing on blendernation, blender.org, and various spots throughout the web, so I kept making them :D
There is no products or services on this website, and it's not likely there will be soon, this is my spot on the web to ramble on about nothing :D
2. What services do you provide?
- For those who ask in the contact section, I do everything from video editing, photo retouching and 3D modelling to film compositing, security scans and high end web architecture. :D
3. Are you going to get better recording equipment?
- YES! I have as of today got Camtasia studio, and am currently looking for a good studio mike. (currently have a $10 one :P )
I know I always sound tired and sick in my tutorials, but that is mostly due to poor equipment and using fraps at high compression.
So sorry guys, this will be fixed for future tutorials :D
4. How many people work at metalix?
- Not many :P
Mainly it's just me Alex "metalix" Telford,
Though I get alot of assisstance from various other people such as the awesome concept artist Josh Nixon.
5. Why Metalix?
- Well it's a long story about where the name came from, but the short of it is, I have a brother Matthew, and when we were kids and playing games, we could only have one save game. (Yes this is 10+ years ago)
So we basically smashed our names together and came up with Metalix, "Matt Alex"
And I've used it as my online alias ever since, where as Matt is a farmer and doesn't use it anymore lol.
6. Why are the tutorials taking so long?
- Patience, Patience.
Of course I work anywhere from 5 to 18 hours in a day, usually the later, so if I say something might be done next week, there will often be delays, such as not having time, system trouble, and just plain forgetting.
So if You have been waiting a while for something, please just remind me.
7. You mention work a lot, what is it you do?
- Ok, I am a Visual Effects Artist, I make commercials for Giggle TV, and I make brochures, service cards etc for Go Marketing. I also run a fair few websites from back when I was a full web architect.
So yeah, I spend my days drinking endless supplies of coffee and staring at Aftereffects, Illustrator and Photoshop for hours on end :D no wonder I am getting forgetful.
8. Can you tell us a bit about yourself?
- I should get an "About" page shouldn't I.
Well, my name is Alex Telford, I'm 20 years old and living and working in New Zealand.
I've been programming code since I was 13ish, and using motion graphics and 3D for the past year in my spare time.
I'm one of those guys that can look at something, take it apart and just know how everything works. (I actually got my job making commercials 1 day after learning aftereffects) :P
and yeah, that will about cover it :D
9. Whats with blendswap? have you bought it?
- NO, I do not own, nor run blendswap, it is an awesome site that was pretty much running itself into a wall, that wall being the slow server it was on, so I offered them free hosting on a vps server, and help them out with some of the difficult coding such as SSH.
Why? Because blendswap is an awesome site that is going to become one of the biggest blender sites very soon, and I want to be a part of it, and already think of how hard it would be without it.
And thats it :D
Yes that is 9, not 10 but I feel like being a little odd today :D
Post them in the comments below!